Many churches will go through an envelope renumbering process at year-end to consolidate their envelope numbers. Shepherd's Staff offers an envelope renumbering utility that will help prepare these envelope numbers for the new year.
- To access the "Renumber Next Year envelopes" utility, open the contributions module and go to Tools/Settings. Then, under Envelope tools, select "Renumber Next Year envelopes" and click "Start".
- In the window that appears, you'll see each of your contributors in the left column. If you prefer to have this column sorted by envelope number instead of name, check the "Sort by envelope number" box at the bottom of the window.
- When you select a contributor, you'll see two boxes. The first box is the contributor's "Current envelope number", and this cannot be changed here. The second box is "Upcoming envelope number", and this number represents what the contributor's next scheduled envelope number will be, and this is the number you can make changes to.
- After you've made a change to the first envelope you want to work with, press the enter key on your keyboard to move to the next contributor. You can also do this by clicking the "Next" button. If you need to move back to a previous contributor, click the "Previous" button.
- After you've updated each contributor, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the window.