If you wish to email your contribution statements, there is a little setup involved before you can begin.
First, complete the steps in the “Setting up Email” article. This will make sure you have access to the email features in Shepherd’s Staff and that you can use email with this computer’s configuration.
Next, make sure that all contributors who want to receive their statements by email have their "Send statements by" field set to either "E-mail" or "Paper + Email". This can be edited in their contributor record, in the "Statement method" field.
After you've completed these steps, you're now ready to send your contribution statements over email.
- In the Contributions Module, click "Other Reports" and choose "Contribution Statements".
- Set up your contribution statements with whatever options and groups of people you want to use for your reports.
- When finished setting up your statements, click the "E-mail" button at the bottom right corner of the window.
- The statements will appear in the preview window in the middle of the screen. On the left side of the window, you will see a checklist with each contributor who will be included in your email blast. You can check or uncheck the box next to each contributor to include or exclude them from the email blast.
- On the right side of the screen, you can set the email subject and body. This is what will be included in the text of the email. The statement itself will be attached to the email as a PDF for each contributor.
- Click "Send" at the bottom of the window, and this will start sending the statements out via email. You can close the window when finished.