The Presbyterian Statistical Report—PCA is exclusively used by the PCA churches. This report has been designed specifically to meet the annual reporting needs of and follows the reporting specifications set out by the PCA. It contains the following tabs:
» Church Info—Lists general church information. Most of this information is filled in from the Church tab on the settings menu from the main menu utilities of Shepherd’s Staff. The “For the Membership Year”, field controls what year you’re running this report for.
» Membership 1—This tab contains Membership information, including membership gains and losses for the report year. Next to some fields, you’ll see a button that looks like circle with an “i” in it. If you click this button, it will show you a window that will tell you how that field is being calculated. In the Beginning Communicant membership field, you can either fill this number in yourself, or, if you press the “reset” button, Shepherd’s Staff will calculate this figure for you.
» Membership 2—This tab contains more membership and attendance information. For the fields that have a button with checkmarks and lines on them next to the field, click that button and a window will appear. Select the relevant attendance event for the field. Next to some fields, you’ll see a button that looks like circle with an “i” it. If you click this button, it will show you a window that will first tell you how that field is being calculated.
» Financial 1, 2, and 3—These tabs allow you to pick the accounts that should be reported in each individual section. For the fields that have a button with checkmarks and lines on them next to the field, click that button and a window will appear. Select the relevant income, expense or dedicated accounts for the field.
» Other—Contains age and ethnic composition information.
When you have filled out each of the tabs, press “Save and Recalculate” to update your report, and then press Print. This will show you your report, and you can then print the report out.
Notes on this report:
» This report is looking for the specific terms for Received By and Removed By fields as listed below. Users are encouraged to check that their member information in their database is using these terms before running this report.
Received By Terms:
Profession of Faith
Letter of Transfer
Removed By Terms:
Letter of Transfer
- Select Reports within the Membership Module
- Select the "Statistics: Denomination-specific" option on the list of reports
- In the "Denomination" field, select "Presbyterian - PCA" and then click the "Select" button
- In the Church Info tab, select which Membership Year you're running this report for, and fill out all information you have for your church, including Christian School information if your Church has a school.
- In the Membership 1 tab, you can let Shepherd's Staff calculate your Beginning Communicant Membership by clicking the Reset button or, fill it in yourself. Shepherd's Staff will calculate each field automatically on this tab, but you have the option of filling in your own figure as well.
- In the Membership 2 tab, you can let Shepherd's Staff calculate the the fields, or enter them manually if you disagree with the fields as they're calculated for fields 16-20. For fields 21 and 22, click the button with the checkmarks and lines to select what events should be considered for average attendance at Sunday School and Worship respectively.
- For Financials 1, 2 and 3, click the button with the checkmarks and lines next to each field to select which accounts from your finance module should be used in each field.
- The Other Tab will show membership demographics by age and ethnic group, you can also fill in your own figures if you prefer.
- Click Save and calculate to update the fields with the information you filled in. When finished filling in the report, click the Print button to generate a preview of your report, and click print on the preview window to print your report out.