The Clean-up utility helps you purge old records from your data. For this reason, it’s recommended that you only run this after the year end is complete to ensure the proper information is purged.
This utility has several different functions. It can do any or all of the following:
» Delete prior year transactions based on date or fiscal year.
» Delete inactive accounts and vendors.
» Delete Purchase Orders.
» Renew Recurrent transactions.
- Since this utility purges data it’s recommended you make a backup prior to it’s use. See the page “Backing up Your Database” for more information.
- In the Finance module, click Utilities, then Clean-up.
- After confirming you have made a backup, the utility will open.
- Mark appropriate options to permanently delete past transactions, inactive accounts, inactive vendor records, account summaries, and purchase orders. There is also an option to renew recurrent transactions. The default dates listed will be five years back. Shepherd’s Staff support recommends keeping five years of previous data.
- Click Begin to run the Clean-up utility with the selected options.
- When completed, click Close to exit the utility.