Setting up accounts is the first step to using Accounts Receivable in Shepherd’s Staff.
» All account types can be linked with information recorded in other places in Shepherd’s Staff. If you link an account, it will automatically fill in the other information.
Accounts can be sorted by a variety of filters. A) You can search for a specific account. If you do not know how to exactly spell the name an account is associated with, you can enter any three letters that are in the name, and Shepherd’s Staff will filter results based on those letters. B) You can also filter by active accounts, balance due, money on accounts, and all accounts.
The Accounts view is also a good starting point for completing other actions within the AR window, such as adding transactions or making payments. Here is how to add an account:
- Click on the “Accounts Receivable” icon in the menu bar. This icon looks like a calendar and has the letters “AR” on it.
- In the window that pops up, click “Add” at the bottom.
- Select the type of account.
- Type in the necessary information for the account.
- To save and close the window, click “Save.” To save this account and keep the window open to add additional items, click “Add Again.”
If you need to edit an item after saving it, select the item in the list and click “Edit” at the bottom of the window.