Concordia Technology Solutions (CTS) recommends that you always keep an off-site backup located on a separate external hard drive, CD-ROM, or USB thumb drive. This allows the data to be recovered in case of a computer failure or on-site disaster.
In order to make this process easier, there is now an option to upload a database backup to secure servers at CTS. This process will also save a copy of the backup to your PC.
Before a backup is uploaded to CTS, it is first encrypted. The backup is then uploaded to a secure server, where it is scanned for viruses and checked for any corruption. From there, it is moved to another secure server at CTS for storage.
CTS will keep your backup based on a timing schedule. For the first 30 days, your last backup of each day will be kept. After that, CTS will keep your last backup of each month. Each of these monthly backup records will be kept for 90 days throughout the duration of your active support plan.
» Note: This process can only be completed if your database is registered and you have an active support plan. You can contact CTS during normal business hours to obtain a copy of your backup in the event of a disaster. We should be able to process your request within one business day.
Here is how to upload your database to CTS:
- Close out of all modules in Shepherd’s Staff, make sure you are on the Shepherd’s Staff Central Window
- Select “Tools” at the top of the window.
- Choose Backup and Restore, and then choose “Database”.
- Click the checkbox at the bottom of the window that says “Upload backup to CTS”.
- Follow the steps you normally would to complete a backup.