The Basic Batch Entry is a simplified attendance-entry method and is similar to how Church360° Members® does attendance batch entry. Instead of two columns where people are transferred from one to another, you will see names listed horizontally by household. You can select people by clicking on their names.
In this view, only names are displayed. Other information like grades and ages are not shown. Filters are also limited to basic categories; options like lists and subgroups are unavailable. A huge advantage of this screen, though, is that it works well on touch-screen devices.
The Basic Batch Entry view lists all people by household. People can be marked as attended by clicking on the first name or the household name. Clicking the household name will mark every person in the household as attended. For events with multiple types of attendance, there will be a column for each type, and you can mark each column separately to show what the person participated in. This is how you will mark those who attended worship but did not commune.
At the top of the view, you will see a search bar and a filter drop-down. Next to these is a refresh button, which will remove any searches or filters. Then there is a font-size button, which will cycle through different font sizes. Next is a count of the number of people who attended. On the right are a help icon and buttons to save and cancel.
Here is how to enter attendance using the Basic Batch Entry method:
- Open the Attendance module and select the Attendance tab, then select the Batches section. This should be the default view when the module is opened.
- Click Add.
- Select an event and the date of the event. Select Basic under the entry method heading on the right.
- Click Continue. The batch entry window will appear.
- Select the Household name to add all people in the household, or select the Person name to add an individual person. You also can select the worship type next to a person’s name to mark the person as attended.
- Use the Search and Filter to narrow down people.
- When you are finished, click Save.