The Attendance Detail view displays all the attendance records for each member. These records display the date and the event that the person attended. This list can be quite extensive with churches with many members or with a variety of events where attendance is recorded. Because of this, filter and search bars are available at the top of the page to quickly search for people attending a specific event at a specific date and can save and print the view as a report.
Attendance records are created automatically once an attendance batch has been posted. You also can enter attendance by adding an attendance record from this view. This is helpful for when you missed a small number of individuals when creating a batch or added the incorrect people. In addition, you can edit, copy, and delete records and even make the view a static subgroup.
Here is how to add an attendance record:
- Open the Attendance module and select the Detail section.
- Click Add in the command line.
- A new window will appear. Select a Person, Event, and Date. If the event has multiple types, options will appear on the lower half of the window.
- Add a Note if needed.
- If the person was a visitor at the time of the event, select the Visitor? You also can select the Add Multiple? checkbox if you are adding more than one person. The window will reappear after saving. Since Shepherd’s Staff assumes you are adding multiple people to the same event, the event and date will remain the same.
- Click Save when you are finished.