In the Shepherd’s Staff Finance module, a Fund is defined as an entire set of books for a company. Moreover, each one of those Funds contains it’s own chart of accounts, vendors, and transactions.
So, if you have another set of books or a “company” responsible for building improvement and maintenance you could create a Building Fund for that set of books. Other examples would be a youth group, nursery, or a school which would all have their own checking account, income, and expenses.
Funds can be added and selected from the Funds grid.
- Access the Funds grid by going to “Accounts” in the menu bar and choosing “Funds.”
- If you wish to add a fund, click the Add button.
- Type the name of the Fund and then click OK. Now highlight that Fund and click Select.”
- At this point you will need to add the chart of accounts and vendors for this separate fund.
- If you want to switch to a different fund, you do so by returning to the Funds grid, highlighting the desired fund and clicking Select.
- You can also rapidly change funds by double-clicking the Fund window in the lower right hand corner of the module screen.
- Once you are in a Fund, you can then work with the accounts, vendors, and transaction for that Fund.