The Combine Person utility takes the records of two people and combines them. This utility combines attendance for the two people but does not combine their contribution information.
» Note: If either person being merged has contribution data, the utility will not run.
» Important: These changes are permanent and cannot be reversed. It is important to make a backup before using this utility. For information on making a backup, see the “Backing up Your Database” article.
The person you select in the field under “Select a person to combine” is the person whose record will be deleted. All people will automatically appear in the field under “Select a person to keep”. If you select someone with contribution records, after you click “OK” a notice will appear stating that the merge cannot be continued until you run “Combine Contributions for 2 Envelopes” in the Contributions module.
The next window will list any details that are different between the two records you are combining. Use the check boxes to select the information you want to keep. All activities, skills, training, attendance, AR accounts, vendor information, and visits are merged. This may cause some conflicting information, so the combined record should be reviewed after the merge to confirm all details.
Here is how to combine two people:
- Make a backup of your database.
- In the Membership Module, click on Tools/Settings
- In the Tools section, select "Combine duplicate person information" and click start
- Click “Yes” to confirm that your database has been backed up.
- In the left column, select the person you want to combine. This person’s record will be deleted at the end of the process.
- In the right column, select the person you want to merge the record with.
- Click “OK”.
- If there is conflicting information, a notice will appear. Use the check boxes to select the information to keep, then click “Apply”. (If all information is the same, this step is skipped.)
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to merge the two accounts.
- Click “OK” to close the window.