The following only impacts users of Shepherd’s Staff on a Windows 10 machine. Please disregard this if you use another version of Windows.
Recently, Windows released a new version of Windows 10 (version 1803). This new version of Windows 10 is causing various problems with the reports in Shepherd’s Staff, mainly in the previewing and printing of reports. The issue is causing Shepherd’s Staff to stop working or to display only a white screen. This is caused by having an outdated printer driver. A printer driver is a utility that teaches your computer how to “talk” to your printer. If you are experiencing this problem, please check to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the printer drivers.
These drivers can usually be updated by checking for updates from Microsoft. If there are no updates available, you will have to update them manually in the device manager.
Here is how to update a driver using the device manager:
- Click the start menu and type Device Manager. Select the device manager from the list of results.
- Expand the category called Print Queues. (Note: The category may be called Printer on your machine.)
- Right click the name of the printer from the list and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows does not find a new driver, you will have to check the printer’s manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions to install and update the driver. (This can be done by Google searching the “Printer Driver [printer name]”, e.g., “Printer Driver Brother DCP-7080”.)
Please feel free to contact CTS for assistance at 1 (800) 346-6120 or email@example.com.