When a batch is posted, it creates offering records, but the batch itself is no longer something that you can edit as a batch anymore (except for the date of the batch itself, which can be edited by using the "Fix a Batch Posted to the Wrong Date" utility). However, this doesn't mean that you cannot make changes to the offering records that the batch created.
Bear in mind that making changes to offering records will not affect any deposits that were created by the posting of the batch that they were a part of, and it will not make any changes to an attendance batch that was created as a result of posting the batch. If any of the changes you make to the offering records would change either a deposit or an attendance batch, that information will need to be updated in the Finance and Attendance modules respectively.
To make changes to this "Batch" of offerings, we're going to find the offering records in our Offering records grid.
- Open the Contributions module and under Giving, select "Offerings."
- To find just the offerings for a particular day, in the first "Search" box, type in the date of the batch in MM/DD/YYYY format (For example, 11/19/2021) and press enter on your keyboard.
- This will pull up only the offerings that were posted for that particular day.
- Highlight the offering record you need to make changes to by clicking on it, and then click "Edit" at the bottom of the grid.
- Make any needed changes to this offering record and click "Save" when finished.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you've made all the changes you need to make.