The Create a Church utility allows a SYSADMIN to create additional databases.
A new database will contain the same System Settings as the church. It’s recommended that you change the name of the church immediately after opening it to prevent any confusion.
By changing the names of multiple databases, you will always know which one is active.
» Warning: Shepherd’s Staff databases cannot be combined. You export and import household and person data but no other information (such as attendance, offerings, AST, visits) can be transferred. Each database that a church has must be managed independently including making separate backups.
- Access the Create a Church Utility by going to the Main Utilities and clicking Create a Church.
- Type in the name of the new database.
- Click Continue.
- You will then receive the welcome screen for Shepherd’s Staff. Click OK.
- At this point you will see the system settings for this church.
- Change the name of the church to something that will differentiate it from the other database(s) you have.
- Once you are finished, click OK. On the login screen you can use the default login of “SYSADMIN” and “password” for the password.
- Keep in mind that this is a blank database so all users must be added again.