You will need to add in Rooms to place your events in. The steps below walk through the process of adding rooms to your database, or editing an existing room.
- In the Scheduler module, under the Events view, click on the "Rooms" tab.
- At the bottom of the Rooms grid, click the "Add" button, or if you need to edit an existing room, find the room you want to make changes to, click on it to highlight it, and click "Edit" at the bottom of the grid.
- In the window that appears, the only required field is the "Name" field. This is the name of the room.
- The Size field is a general term, such as "Large" or "Small" whereas the Max Occupancy field should be the number of people that can safely fit in the room.
- Location is the general area that this Room can be found. So, for example, with a room in your church, you might fill in "Upstairs" or "South Side". Make sure to keep this non-specific to limit the number of options you may have in this field.
- Type of Room should follow the same general idea as Location, a brief descriptor of what the room is used for such as "Classroom, Meeting, Office" and kept general to keep your list of options small.
- Check the "Active" box to make the room active. Only active rooms can be assigned events.
- To add a photo of the room, click the camera icon. This will let you upload a photo of the room.
- To add notes on the room, click the thumbtack icon. This will let you add additional notes on your room.
- Click Save to save the room. If you want to add contacts and inventory, they must be added to the database first. To add these items, see the articles on these topics.
Note: Adding Inventory does not include the quantity. The quantity must be entered manually.
Assign People / Contacts to This Room:
- Click the person you would like to add to the room in the list of contacts.
- Click the blue right arrow button to add that person to the list of Contacts assigned
- If you want to remove a person from the list of contacts assigned, click their name in the Contacts assigned section, and click the blue left arrow button.
Assign Inventory / Equipment to This Room:
- Click the item you would like to add to the room in the inventory list.
- Click the blue right arrow button to add that item to the list of Inventory assigned
- If you want to remove an item from the list of inventory assigned, click their name in the Inventory assigned section, and click the blue left arrow button.