Shepherd's Staff Updates and Upgrades
Currently, Shepherd’s Staff is going through an interface redesign, module by module. Towards the end of 2018, a redesigned Attendance Module was released with Shepherd's Staff 8.7 and with Shepherd's Staff 8.8 a redesigned Membership Module has been released. The software conventions seen in last year’s Attendance module release will be seen in this year’s Membership module release.
Similar record grids have been converted into sub-tabs, with similar sub-tabs being grouped together underneath main tabs.
All reports are grouped together under a Reports tab.
There is a Tools/Setting tab to group all Module Tools and Settings together in one place.
Want to see additional Release Notes?
Shepherd's Staff 2020 Version 20191016 (8.8)
Released October 31st, 2019
New Features and Enhancements:
- Completely redesigned Membership module Graphical user interface (GUI).
- Membership record grids moved to sub-tabs and grouped together under primary tabs.
- Search and filter boxes added to the majority of the Membership module views.
- Membership views can be sorted by columns. Sorting is available on columns titled with a bold font.
- Added the ability to save Membership views, Membership reports, and actions for future use.
- Any view can be made into a report by using filters and searches.
- Combined People grid, Household grid, and Household Tree into a single household and people view.
- Find Birthdays, Baptisms, Confirmations, Weddings, etc... in the new Anniversaries view.
- Added a redesigned Church Register view.
- Added a Parents Search view which allows for easy creation of reports and mailing labels for the parents of children
- Added Combine Duplicate Person Utility.
- Organize, schedule and keep track of contact your church has with your congregation with the new Touchpoints feature.
- Find people who are best suited for positions at your church with the new Volunteer Search view.
- Archive and purge unwanted person records from the Membership module.
- Added redesigned Church Dashboard for the Membership and Attendance module.
- Redesigned Email utility. Now allows sending emails through Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, and Zoho as well as the desktop version of Outlook.
- Redesigned Church360° Unite Sync Utility
- Redesigned Database structure.