Shepherd's Staff 2020 Version (8.8), release 20210610
- In the Membership photo editor, there are two new buttons, “Skew Y” and “Skew X”, which reduce the Original image by 20 pixels on either the Y or X plane, relative to the frame into which the picture was initially loaded.
- These buttons will have different effects depending on whether the picture was initially portrait or landscape, and on how the original was already skewed (i.e. whether people in the image were “squashed shorter” or “stretched taller”).
- The buttons are intended to work in conjunction with the crop feature so that you can correct skewed Original images and crop an adjusted square image for use in the software. Note that this feature does NOT permanently correct/change the Original image; it only adjusts it temporarily, on-screen, so that a corrected square crop can be made.
- When you add a new household with a married couple (i.e., a Head and a Spouse), the Marital Status for each is now automatically set to “Married” on their person records.
- In the Anniversaries grid, if you print a Contact list, it now sorts the list based on the ordering in the grid.
- This may catch some off-guard, since the prior version is sorted by month/day, with the intention of being used as a day-of-month reference.
- There is a new “Check for updates” shortcut on the login window, to simplify checking for software updates.
- When printing photo directories from the Report Writer, or from the Church Directory, large images would cause the errors, “Not enough memory for operation”, and/or, “A generic error occurred in GDI+”. The photo editor in Membership now reduces photo size to 600 pixels maximum for either height or width. The photo compression utility under Program Settings/Tools also has a new option to resize any existing photos to 600 pixels. (Note that the image aspect ratio is maintained.) The resizing only occurs if either the height or width of the original image exceeds 600 pixels, and the existing aspect ratio is maintained so as not to skew the people in the photo.
- In the household/person record, added a trap to prevent the error, “Object reference not set to an instance of an object,” if for some reason there is no node selected in the tree on the left.
- In the Church Phone Book, if you included symbols it was sorting by the symbol and then by the person name, instead of by name only.
- Symbols now appear after the name, which resolves the sorting issue.
- In “Basic” batch entry, pressing the letter “t” in the search box was triggering the “F5” feature that clears the search and shows everyone.
- If you tried to post a batch with no people, the warning message had an extra verb in it (“is are” instead of just “are”). It now reads, “There are no people in this attendance batch.”
- In the Finance section of the Tools folder under “System/Program Settings”, if you clicked Save under “Contributions and Finance settings”, but had not filled in a financial year yet, an error occurred when you clicked Save, and also when you opened the Finance module (Error 94, “Invalid use of null.”).
- If you added (or edited) a Room record with an apostrophe in the room name, you received the error, “Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression….”
- You could receive the error, “The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.”
- The problem often occurred when using the Repeat function for events that had more than one room assigned.
- In Repeat Event and Change Event, if you picked an event from the drop list, then after continuing you changed your mind (or received a conflicting message) and then used “go back” to pick a different event, the rooms, and other data from the first event you selected were not cleared, leaving the potential to create a duplicate value and generate the error.
- In the Report Writer, three of the personal photo directory formats under Layout were giving the error, “The report file was not found.” (The formats affected: “resize to square, large”, “square image”, and “variable size (large)”.
- When using Quick Labels, when you exited the window, it was incorrectly recording in the Audit Log that you had exited the Membership module (no audit entry is supposed to be made).
- When printing photo directories from the Report Writer, large images would cause the errors, “Not enough memory for operation”, and/or, “A generic error occurred in GDI+”. The photo editor in Membership now reduces photo size to 600 pixels maximum for either height or width. The photo compression utility under Program Settings/Tools also has a new option to resize any existing photos to 600 pixels. (Image aspect ratio is maintained.)
- Non-supervisors/administrators (i.e., general “users”) could no longer make a backup of the database.
- In Backup, there is now more space to display long file path/name destinations.
- The “Reset the ‘Finance is checked out’ warning” under Program Settings/Tools was not working.
- RevisionDateTime was not getting set in some tables when you edited a record and clicked Save.