If you are experiencing an "Error 430: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface." or a "Cannot Continue... Invalid user ID! Make sure your user ID does not contain any spaces (spaces are not longer supported in user IDs)" then these errors are typically caused by the desktop icon directing to an old link or the pinned Shepherd's Staff link on the lower task bar, respectively.
Before starting, it's important to install the 20200819 service pack first.
You will need to delete the desktop icon, unpin your icon from the taskbar, then recreate the shortcut and repin it.
To delete your desktop shortcut,
- Go to your desktop and right click the Shepherd's Staff icon.
- In the pop-up window, click Delete. You may need administrator access to do this.
To un-pin your Shepherd's Staff link,
Right click the link on the taskbar, where all your current icons show up.
Click Unpin from taskbar
To create a new shortcut,
- Go to the search bar in the lower left corner of the screen. It usually says "Type here to search".
- Start typing in "Shepherd's Staff" to bring up the program in the start menu.
- Right-click the Shepherd's Staff icon and choose Open File Location.
- The folder that pops up should contain a shortcut. Right-click this shortcut and click Copy.
- Going to the desktop, right-click again and Paste.
To re-pin the Shepherd's Staff icon to the taskbar,
Close Shepherd's Staff, if you haven't already done so, and reopen by clicking the icon on the desktop or by searching Shepherd's Staff in the Search bar.
Once Shepherd's Staff is open to the login screen, go back down to the task bar and right click the Shepherd's Staff icon.
Click Pin to taskbar