You can update Shepherd's Staff by going into Utilities on the Main Menu and clicking Check for software updates. You will either get a notification saying that you are on the latest version or a ribbon will appear. To update, click the ribbon and follow through the prompts.
If you click the update ribbon, you may be redirected to our pricing web page or the update may crash.
There's a number of reasons why this might happen:
» You are not updated to the appropriate version to be able to receive automatic updates.
You will need to be at least version 8.7 release 20190503 in order to do this.
You can find this information on the Main Menu (with the stained glass window) on the very bottom of the window.
It should the Shepherd's Staff year, the version in parenthesis, and a release number.
» You haven't registered your database with CTS yet.
- You can register your database by going to the Utilities on the Main Menu (the page with the stained glass window).
- Then click Settings
- In the window that pops up, go to the Web tab
- In the Web tab, next to the Account key bar, click Get Key
The window that pops up will ask for your account number and an order or invoice number.
- If you do not have this information, feel free to contact support at 1-800-346-6120.
- Then click Continue
After this, your database should be registered. So you can try to update then.
» You aren't under an active support plan and would need to renew with CTS to access automatic updates.
» You might have a Finance module previously installed that needs to be deleted.
If you are not currently using the Finance module, the update may be hung up on a previous installation.
- To delete it, you will have to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Concordia Publishing House\Shepherds Staff 8 on your computer.
- Then in that folder, delete the Finance8 application.
- After this application has been deleted, try updating again.
If the above fixes don't work or if you don't feel comfortable deleting the Finance file, please feel free to call CTS support at 1-800-346-6120.