Shepherd's Staff 2020 Version (8.8), release 20191114
Released November 14, 2019
New Features and Changes
- Change: Bulletin List reports now show wedding anniversary years as of the end of next month so that the number that appears is the number of the anniversary the couple will be celebrating, and not the number of years married as of right now.
- Note that this only applies to current and next month lists.
- Change: Anniversary calendars were sorting people by age/years within the day, rather than by name. This has been changed, so that people sort by name (last-first order), within each day.
- Change: Attendance Enrollees grid – The Add/Edit buttons have been replaced with a single “Change” button since that is the actual function.
- Change: The “between” operator (the vertical bar, or pipe -- |) now detects and corrects if a user puts a space before or after the pipe.
- Example: On the Anniversary grid, the user searches for “05-01 | 06-15” to get birthdays from May 1st to June 15th. Before, this returned nothing. Now, it auto-removes the additional space, changing the search to “05-01|06-15”, which then works correctly.
- Note: This is not real-time, but rather occurs when you apply the filter.
- Feature: Parents Search has a new “e-mail all” button that sends an e-mail to everyone in the grid.
- Business rule: sends up to three e-mail addresses per child, if all three (home, parent 1, parent 2) are different.
- Feature: New “Include” option added to Attendance Roster report that lets you print the name in this format: Smith, Andrew J. (Andy)
- Fixed: Check-in Kiosk not working if installed stand-alone on a PC. (Software would not allow you to connect to the church database.)
Note: This fix is not part of the service pack but is a separate installer. You will need to uninstall the prior version and then reinstall using the fixed Check-in installer.
- Fixed: Mailing: carrier route was missing from the list of available fields under Report Writer and Mail Merge.
- In service pack 20191114, you will need to manually set the database version back and restart SS in order to apply the fix.
- Fixed: "No value given for one or more required parameters" error when clicking Purge for enrollees on the add/edit Attendance Event window (in Attendance).
- Fixed: Error "Index was outside the bounds of the array" in Mail Merge if you tried to export over 50 fields. The Mail Merge only allows 50 fields (which is 30 more than in version 8.7). It now displays a user-friendly message if you try to select over 50 fields.
- Fixed: Program was requiring Finance and Contributions to be closed before SS Central would close.
- Fixed: Report Writer help was not calling the Report Writer help article ID.
- Fixed: Error "Index was out of range" when trying to create a tab-delimited Mail Merge file.
- Fixed: In the Photo Editor, if you pasted an image from the clipboard, it was not loading that image into the large and small square boxes.
- Fixed: "Parameter is not valid" error in Photo Editor if you pasted an image into the editor and clicked Save.
- This error could also result in there being different images saved for each of the three image sizes; to correct differing images, just re-select the image file, or re-paste it, and Save again.
- Fixed: Photo size setting was not saving in the Report Writer.
- Fixed: Merge People utility is back up and running.
- Fixed: Entering mileage in a Completed touchpoint was not working correctly.
- Fixed: Selecting a subgroup in the "Parents search" returned no children.
- Fixed: Birth Place allowed more than 100 characters to be typed in, which generated the error on Save, "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add."
- Fixed: Death Place allowed more than 100 characters to be typed in, which generated the error on Save, "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add.
- Fixed: Unite sync not displaying the correct number of records sent from Shepherd's Staff to Unite.
- Fixed: Could not delete people with Attendance Year Summary records with "0" total attendance.
- Fixed: Field visibility in Mail Merge field selection. The "all fields" category now is only visible to System Administrators.
- Fixed: Field visibility in Report Writer field selection. The "all fields" category now is only visible to System Administrators.
- Fixed: Field visibility in Subgroups field selection. The "all fields" category now is only visible to System Administrators.
- Fixed: Field visibility in Subgroups categories, where it would show categories (and let you select fields) for areas to which you did not have permission.
- Fixed: If you did not have the right to see contributor names, you could still see the envelope number on the Person record.