Shepherd's Staff 2020 Version (8.8), release 20191021
*Released only to field testers. Changes below are included as part of the Shepherd's Staff 2020 October 30th, 2019 release.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Feature: Archive “Restore” is finished
- Feature: Mass Update is finished.
- Feature: “Year +end info” button will appear in the toolbar from Nov. 1st to the end of Feb. each year.
- It will be hidden at other times.
- Feature: Added years married after the couple’s name on the “Bulletin list” report in the Anniversary view.
- Feature: Added a new version of the “Bulletin list” that combines all anniversaries into a single list, instead of splitting them out by type.
- Feature: Main Menu now automatically checks for updates every 30 days, by machine (based on a new entry in the local INI file).
- Feature: Added Expand All/Collapse All buttons to the bottom of the tree view on the household/person edit window.
- Household Record report is finished.
- The Activities "change" utilities (located on List Mass Update window) now only appear when Activities are selected.
- Fixed: error with being able to save too much text in the address Defaults under Tools/Settings.
- Fixed problem with widowed people still showing in the Anniversaries grid if the Spouse is marked as “Widowed”, but not made the Head of Household
- (i.e. the deceased person was the household head).
- Fixed: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”, which occurred if you tried to navigate between households/people after picking a tree filter that had no results
- (e.g. picking “non-households”, and there are none in the database, and so the tree is empty, and then you click a navigation button).
- Fixed: error which occurred when adding/editing an Activity and entering an “Office” of more than 25 characters: “The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add.”
- Fixed: changed the Person Record report data labels from italic to boldface, for both the non-photo and photo versions, for better readability.
- Fixed: Sunday School and school grades are now defaulted when you add a new person who is age 18 or under (based on the cut-off month/day under Tools/Settings).