The last step before entering events is adding “Rooms” to the Scheduler module. A Room represents an area or location of the church where an Event may be held (every Event must be in a Room).
Using this definition we can see that a “Room” does not have to be an enclosed space. A room can be anything from a church narthex to an outdoor playground or ballfield. You could even use a section of an interior room which is especially helpful if a church wants to schedule future maintenance.
Cleverly, many churches add bathrooms, hardwood floors, windows, etc., as “rooms” to schedule “events” such as cleaning, buffing, washing, etc.
All these room records are contained within the “Rooms” grid.
- Access the Rooms grid by going to “Records” in the menu bar and choosing “Rooms.” You can also click the “R” button in the toolbar.
- To add a Room, click the Add button.
- The only required information on a Room is the name.
- The Size field is meant to be something general like “Large” or “Small,” whereas the Max Occupancy field should be the number of people that can safely fit in the room.
- Make sure to keep the Location field non-specific to lessen the amount of options. Examples would be downstairs, upstairs, outside, etc.
- “Type of Room” should be the same way. Examples would be formal, casual, meeting, etc.
- Click OK to save the room. If you want to add contacts and inventory, turn to the next page.
Rooms can also have contacts and inventory attached to them.
For this to happen the contacts and inventory must already be entered into their respective grids.
Note: Adding Inventory does not include the quantity. The quantity must be entered manually.
Assign People / Contacts to This Room:
- Clicking Add will bring up all available contact records.
- Check the boxes for the contacts you want and click OK.
- If the contact is not in the list, click New to add a new record to the Contacts grid.
Assign Inventory / Equipment to This Room:
- Clicking Add will bring up all available inventory records.
- Check the boxes for the inventory you want and click OK.
- If the inventory is not in the list, click New to add a new record to the Inventory grid.
- Once you are finished adding contacts and inventory, click OK to save the Room record.