The first place to start in the Scheduler module is adding contacts. The reason we add them first is because they are used for Room Assignments, Event Assignments, Loans, and even Maintenance. Therefore, you will want to have them in first so they are there when we create those other records.
Any person or business associated with the Scheduler can be entered as a Contact. These contacts are not required to be in the Membership module but if they are you can simply import their information directly into Scheduler.
Note: Contacts from Membership doesn’t automatically update information when it’s changed in Membership. You must use the utility “Update from Membership” to update them.
These contacts can be added from the “Contacts” grid.
- Access the Contacts grid by going to “Records” in the menu bar and choosing “Contacts.” You can also click the “C” on the toolbar.
- To add a Contact, click the Add button.
- If the Contact is in the Membership module, click on the M and select his or her name from the list. Contacts brought over using the Membership icon will automatically carry over their address, phone number, age, etc.
- If the Contact is NOT in Membership module, manually fill in the information in the fields.
- The Additional Information tab allows 9 different fields to be renamed and used for any purpose. See the page called “Renaming Field Names” in the System Administration section for more information.
- Once the record is complete, click OK to create the contact.
Once you have your contacts entered, you will be able to:
» Print a list of the contacts.
» Create a mailing label for a contact.
» Export your contacts into a spreadsheet.
To print a list of contacts:
- From the contacts grid, click the preview button to print the list.
- If you want to print specific people, use the Find button to filter the grid prior to printing.
To create a mailing label for a contact:
- On the contacts grid, highlight the contact you want a label for.
- Click the label button.
To export your contacts to a spreadsheet:
- Also on the contacts grid, click the “Export to Spreadsheet” button.