As we have learned, the monies in a dedicated account are actually contained within an asset account.
This also means that when you look at an asset balance, you must recognize that not all of that balance is available for general purposes. Some of it is going to be restricted since it’s for those dedicated accounts.
For this reason, the Finance module includes this report. It takes the total of the bank accounts and subtracts the total of the dedicated accounts to give a total of the undedicated bank accounts assets.
- Find this report by going to “Reports” in the menu bar and selecting “Bank Balances Less Dedicated.”
- Choose the fund for which you want to run this report.
- Next choose the month you want in the As Of field.
- Choose any of the options you want.
- Click Preview to view the report or click Print to send the report directly to the printer.