The Balance Sheet summarizes your church’s financial resources and obligations for the month of the current fiscal year in which the report is printed. It is generally divided into three sections: Assets, Liabilities, and Equity.
The formats it allows you to print for are:
» Current year only—Prints a report for the current year that includes the balance as of the beginning of the fiscal year, the balance as of the end of the report month, the current year change, and the percent of change.
» Prior year only—Prints a report for the prior year that includes the balance as of the beginning of the prior fiscal year, the balance as of the end of the report month, the current year change, and the percent of change.
» Current year vs. prior year—Prints a comparison of the current year-to-date against the prior fiscal year-to-date for the specified report month.
» Five-year trend—Prints a five-year comparison (providing you have that much historical information). Years for which no historical information exists print zeroes.
- Find this report by going to “Reports” in the menu bar and selecting “Balance Sheet.”
- Choose the Format and Report Month you want.
- Pick a Level of Detail along with the orientation and the captions.
- You can run this report for any and all funds. If you do run it for multiple funds, consider checking the Consolidated option.
- Check Consolidated if you want to print a balance sheet where accounts from selected funds are listed together by account type on a single report.
- Choose any other options you may want.
- Click Preview to view the report or click Print to send the report directly to the printer.