This utility rebalances all transactions and summaries for a fiscal year. This ensures that when a report is run, the numbers displayed are accurate and current. We recommend running the rebalance utility prior to printing a report to avoid any possible errors.
This utility can be run for the current year, the next year, or even two years from now. All other users must be out of the Finance module to run this utility.
Here is how to use the Rebalance utility:
- Click on “Utilities” in the menu bar.
- Click “Rebalance”.
- Select the fiscal year to rebalance. You can also uncheck any of the three options beneath that, but it is recommended you leave them all checked.
- Click “OK” to start the rebalance.
- Click “OK” to confirm there are no other users in the Finance module.
- Click “OK” when the utility is finished.
» Note: This utility now runs automatically when you open the Finance module. You do not need to run this utility unless you have made numerous changes in the module in a single session.