As we have learned, transactions in the Finance module are composed of debits and credits.
Each account tracks its own debits and credits on a Ledger.
Access the Ledger by going to the Accounts Grid and double-clicking the account ledger you want to see.
You can also highlight the account and click the Ledger button at the bottom of the window.
- Each line contains information about a specific transaction. This information includes the date, transaction number, memo, status, and vendor (if applicable).
- It also contains the type of transaction: “C” is for check, “D” is for deposit, and “E” is for journal entry.
- Each ledger also contains a running balance so you can see how each transaction affects that balance.
- If you wish to view any of these transactions, simply highlight it and click View.
- The Ledger defaults to showing the entire fiscal year but you can show specific months if you wish by choosing that month from the drop-down list at the bottom of the Ledger window.
- You can print this list by clicking the Preview button or even export it to a spreadsheet by clicking the “Export to Spreadsheet” button.