There are times when repeating a task based on a schedule will just not work. This is where action-based tasks come into play. These tasks generate automatically when a user makes a change in Shepherd’s Staff.
Examples of these actions include adding a visitor, marking someone as baptized, and changing an individual’s marital status.
- Click New Task to start the creating a new Task Template.
- Enter the Task name (required), Category, and Description / overview.
- Under the “Repeat this task” section, select “When someone” and select the appropriate action.
- Assign responsibility or ownership to the task to ensure the task is completed in a timely manner. You can assign up to three people to a single task.
- You may also need to set a “Task start date,” set the “Days allowed to complete it,” and enter a “Stop repeating on” date.
- Make sure to click Save.
Note: If this task has a future start date, check the “Make inactive until after” checkbox and fill in the appropriate date.