If you need some help with creating budgets, Shepherd’s Staff has included a Budget Projection to do just that.
The Budget Projection Report shows estimated monthly annual amounts for Income and Expense Accounts, calculated from three years of historical information. It has the following three projection methods available:
» Percentage change from prior years—Finds the average percent change over the past three years and adds that percentage to current year’s actuals.
» Average +/- this percentage—Adds this percentage to the calculated percentage and then adds that number to the current year’s actuals instead.
» A percentage I supply—Disregards the calculated percentage and adds this percentage to the current year’s actuals instead.
You can use the Budget Projection Report to prepare your budget for the coming year, and for testing the likelihood of meeting the budget during the current year.
- Find this report by going to “Reports” and selecting “Budget Projection.”
- Choose the specific Accounts or click Reset” to report for all accounts.
- If you wish to include accounts with no actuals, check that box.
- Finally choose how you will project your budgets. If you are unsure, try all three consecutively and see which one works best for you.
- Click Preview to view the report or click Print to send the report directly to the printer.