Similar to the ledger window, every account has it’s own actuals window as well. The difference is that instead of seeing each transaction, the actuals window shows the monthly totals for that account.
This is a quick way to see how the account is trending for the year and spot any months that stand out.
- Access the Actuals by going to the Accounts Grid, highlighting the account, and clicking the Actual button at the bottom of the window.
- The actuals window will default to the current fiscal year. You can change the year by choosing a different one in the drop-down box.
- The beginning balance for that year will show next to the fiscal year. This is the account balance as of Day 1 for this fiscal year.
- If you have actuals for a previous fiscal year, you can actually add a year and type the actuals in there. This is recommended only for years prior to using the software.
- If you want to change accounts from this window, you can use the left and right arrows underneath the beginning balance or you can use the Find button to pick a certain account.