Renewable Pledges allow you to “copy” a pledge from year to year. This comes in handy if your church requires a certain type of pledge or if your contributors repeat their pledges from year to year.
It works by checking to see if there are any pledges that end between the current date and a year from the current date. Then, if those pledges are attached to a fund that allows renewable pledges, it will create a copy of those pledges with a year added on to the dates.
- The first step in using renewable pledges is making sure your fund allows for it. To check this, go to Records in the menu bar and choose “Funds.” Highlight one of the Funds you are using for pledges and click Edit.
- Put a check in the box that says “Enable Renewable Pledges.”
- Click OK to save the change.
- When you are ready to renew the pledges, go to Utilities in the menu bar and choose “Renew Pledges.”
- Click Yes on the window that appears to run the utility.
- A window will come up showing you the number of pledges that were renewed.
- To see these records, go to the Pledges Grid, click the Find button, and change the dates to the next year. Click OK.