In divorce situations, communication with the Contributors is important. Often one of the Contributors leaves the church. Other times, both Contributors stay at the church but with different Envelope Numbers.
In cases where both are staying, offerings then get divided or go to one or the other Contributor. Decisions on “who gets what” Offerings should be made with the contributors’ input.
With that in mind, it’s recommended that you print contribution statements prior to these steps so there is a record of the joint giving.
One Contributor Is Leaving the Church
- In Contributions, click on Records, then Contributors.
- Edit the Envelope Number.
- Unshare the Envelope and click OK.
- If the Joint Contributor is the person staying at the church.
- Click Yes, making the existing Offerings go to the remaining Contributor.
Both Contributors Are Staying at the Church
- Follow previous steps above
- Click Add to create a new envelope number for the joint contributor. Click OK when done.
- If the Contributors tell you they want the Offerings divided, you will have to do that in Offering Records.
- Open the Offering Records Grid by clicking on Records, then Offerings.
- Find and Edit each Offering record and decrease the amount of the original Offering by 50% for one Contributor.
- Then add a new Offering for the remaining 50% for the other Contributor.