This utility allows you to combine the offering and pledge records of any two envelopes. This will then make one record with one envelope number. This utility should only be run for newly married couples or duplicate offering records. In addition, this utility cannot be reversed, so it is highly recommended you make a backup of your database.
» Tip: Combining offering records merges one record to the first; it does not create a new offering record. Because of this, it may help to slightly change the name of the leftover, unmerged record before it is eventually deleted.
» Important: It is recommended that you make a backup prior to using this utility. For information on making a backup, see the “Backing Up Your Database” article.
Here is how to combine contributions:
- In Contributions, click on “Utilities” in the top menu.
- Click on “Combine Contributions for 2 Envelopes”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you have done a backup.
- For Step 1, select the envelope you no longer want.
- For Step 2, select the envelope you want to keep.
- Click “Continue”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to make this change to the record.
- Click “OK” to close the window.
After closing the window, you can confirm the utility ran by viewing the Contributor Records.