A Contribution Fund is any specific area of the church for which money is donated. Some churches may have over a hundred different Contribution Funds, while other churches may just have a few. There is no limit to the number of Contribution Funds. Some examples of Funds are a General Fund, a Building Fund, an Organ Fund, and a Youth Fund. You can make these funds as general or specific as you want.
For more information on the Fund Records Grid press F1 on your keyboard.
- To access the Fund Records, go to Contributions, choose Records from the menu bar, and click on “Funds.” You can also click the second “F” icon on the toolbar.
- Click the Add button to add a new fund.
- The Fund will automatically insert the next Number in sequence. You can change this number but you can’t duplicate an already existing number. (Note: Fund numbers are limited to 4 digits in length)
- Type in a Fund Name. This can always be changed at a later date by clicking edit.
- The three check boxes are optional. The Inactive box is a way to delete a fund without getting rid of the attached offerings. The “Enable Renewable Pledges” option will be covered in the “Renew Pledges” section of this manual. The Enable FASB options determines whether FASB 116 is considered when posting an Offering Batch and making an auto-deposit to Finance. This should only be used under advice from a CPA.
- If you are using the Finance module, go to the next step. If not, click OK to save this Fund.