This utility allows you to combine the attendance records of two individuals. This utility will not merge membership information. (If your database has duplicates of people and you would like to merge both membership and attendance records, use the Combine Person utility.)
» Tip: Combining attendance records merges one record to the first; it does not create a new person record. Because of this, it may help to slightly change the name of the leftover, unmerged record before it is eventually deleted.
» Important: It is recommended that you make a backup prior to using this utility. For information on making a backup, see the “Backing Up Your Database” article.
Here is how to combine attendance records:
- In Attendance, click on “Utilities” in the top menu.
- Click on “Combine Attendance for 2 People”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you have done a backup.
- For Step 1, select the person whose attendance record you no longer want to keep.
- For Step 2, select the person you want the attendance record to be moved to.
- Click “Continue”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to make this change to the record.
- Click “OK” to close the window.
After closing the window, you can confirm the utility ran by viewing the Attendance Records.