As we have learned, when a Batch has been posted, it creates attendance records. This means that you can no longer edit the Batch, as the Batch no longer exists. Instead, to make a change after the posting, we need to edit the actual Attendance records that were created.
To make changes to this Batch of Attendance records, we are going to go to the Attendance records grid.
Note: If you find that you accidentally posted the attendance for the wrong date or Event, you don’t have to follow the steps on this page. There is actually a utility included with the software for fixing this common issue. Go to the page entitled “Fix Attendance posting mistakes” under the utilities section for the steps.
- Click Records in the menu bar and then choose Attendance Records.
- To find just that Event’s records, we are going to use the Find button which allows records to be searched for and displayed.
- Start by clicking Reset on the Find window. This will clear out any fields that are filled in.
- Now choose the needed date in both the Date(s) fields. Type in the Event if there is more than one Event on that date.
- Click the OK button. Do not click Show All as this will disregard the search fields and show all attendance records in the database.
- You will be returned to the grid and the only records showing will be the ones from that day and Event.
- Highlight the record that needs to be fixed and click Edit (or you can delete it if desired).
- Make the necessary changes on the Edit window and click OK to save the changes.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 as necessary.
- Close the window when you are done.