This utility allows you to change records in your database from an ALL CAPITAL LETTERS format to a Mixed Case format.
There are several times when you may want to use this utility, including after importing your CASS certified database. Sometimes a CASS certification company returns the export file with Household names, People names, and Addresses changed to ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. This is fine for mailing labels, but looks rather silly on your other reports. The Correct Uppercase Import Utility returns your addresses to mixed case.
You may be thinking, “But the Post Office wants the labels in all caps, don’t they?” This is true. However, the Labels report prints names and addresses in uppercase, with no punctuation, if you check the Bulk Mailing option. Storing names and addresses in uppercase in the database is not necessary.
For information on the rules this utility uses, click F1 on your keyboard when you have the utility open.
- Remember to always make a backup prior to running a utility in case there is an issue with the result.
- Access the Correct Uppercase Import Utility by going to Utilities, Postal Codes, then Correct Uppercase Utility.
- Check the boxes for the fields you want to change.
- Click on the Convert button.
- After confirming you have made a backup, the utility will run.
- Click Close when it is completed.