Sending a text message is a similar process to sending an email.
To access the Send Email window, click on Tools in the menu bar and select “Send Email.” You can also click the Text button from the Person Record (the Text button only appears if you have a Carrier selected for that person when the Person Record is initially loaded).
This brings up a blank, unsent email with the current user’s “default from” email address (or text if you used the Text button) automatically added.
- Click the To button to bring up the Email Group window.
- There is a Switch To toggle button at the top that lets you switch between sending email or sending text messages. Click the button once to switch to “text message” mode; click it again to switch back to “email” mode.
- All listed cell phone numbers that have something in the Carrier field (Contact tab of the person record) will show in this window.
- If you want to see unlisted numbers, you can click Unlisted Cell Phones under the Show box.
- Choose the numbers you want to text to and click OK.
- At this point, the process is the same as sending an email.