There are two methods of adding a pledge. You can add a single pledge manually or you can add multiple identical pledges at one time using a utility.
This first method we will talk about is adding a single pledge manually.
- Go to Records in the menu bar and choose “Pledges.” You can also click the “P” icon on the toolbar.
- Click the Add button on the Grid.
- Choose the contributor this pledge is for in the “Pledge Record For” field. A person must have an envelope to be in this list.
- Pick the Fund this pledge is for. If you need to add a fund, see the page on “Funds.”
- Enter the amount of this pledge. This amount should be based on the frequency of the pledge.
- Choose the frequency of this pledge. For definitions on these frequencies click F1 on your keyboard.
- Enter the pledge dates for this pledge. Pledges normally run for an entire year but by no means is that required.
- The Total Pledge will automatically multiply the “Amount” times the number of whole Frequencies between the Pledge Dates.
- After filling in the fields, click OK to save the Pledge.
To add multiple pledges:
- Click the “P” icon on the toolbar and click the icon to the right of the "Add" button, which looks like a plus sign and multiple pages. You can also go to "Utilities" in the menu bar and click "Add Pledge..."
- Select the fund, frequency, date range, and amount and click "Next"
- You will see a list of contributors filtered by the factors selected in the previous view. Choose which contributors you'd like to use by clicking the check-boxes next to their names. Click "Next"
- Check your work and click "Finish" to complete.