If you happen to accidentally post a Batch to the wrong date, Shepherd’s Staff gives you the ability to quickly change that date. It does this through a utility called “Fix a Batch Posted to the Wrong Date.”
Before using this (or any) utility, we want to make a backup first. For steps on making a backup go to the “Backing up Your Database” page in the front of this manual.
- To access this utility, go to Contributions, click on Batches in the menu bar, and choose “Fix a Batch Posted to the Wrong Date.”
- After confirming you have made a backup, the grid with your Batches will open.
- Highlight the Batch you want to change and click Continue.
- Next a window will come up confirming your choice of Batches. Click Yes to continue with this Batch.
- Type the correct date into the date field.
- After entering the date, click Finish.
- Two more windows will open confirming your choices and telling you the number of records that are being changed.
- Then you will get a window telling you the operation was finished.
- The last step is to run a “Database rebuild / optimization” located under the Main Menu utilities. You will want to make sure everyone is out of the database and Shepherd’s Staff prior to running the database rebuild.