As we have learned, when a Batch has been posted it creates offering records. This means that you can no longer edit the Batch as the “Batch” no longer exists. Instead, to make a change after the posting we need to edit the actual offerings that were created.
Keep in mind that editing these offerings will not change any information in the attendance or finance modules. That communication only happens once at the time when the Batch was posted. So if you make a change to offerings in Contributions, you will also need to make the corresponding changes to either the attendance records in Attendance or the deposit in Finance.
To make changes to this “Batch” of offerings, we are going to go to the Offering records Grid.
- Click Records in the menu bar and then choose “Offerings.”
- To find just that day’s offerings, we are going to use the Find button which allows Offerings to be searched for and displayed.
- Start by clicking “Reset” on the Find window. This will clear out any fields that are filled in.
- Now choose the needed date in the “Date on or After” and “Date on or Before” fields.
- Click the “OK” button. Do not click “Show All” as this will disregard the search fields and show all offerings in the database.
- You will be returned to the Offering Records Grid and the only offerings showing will be the ones from that day.
- Highlight the offering that needs to be fixed and click edit.
- Make the necessary changes on the edit window and click OK to save the changes.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 as necessary.
- Close the window when you are done.