In Shepherd’s Staff, Contributor Records are used to track and report giving for one or two individuals. In order to accomplish this, Contributor Records associate a person record from Membership with an envelope number in Contributions. Therefore, to get an envelope a person must have a person record in the Membership module (not just a household record).
Note: If a person is sharing this envelope, click on the “This is a Shared Envelope” box to enable the “Joint Contributor.” Only members of the contributor’s household (who don’t have envelopes) will show in this “Joint Contributor” drop-down list.
- To access the Contributor Records Grid, go to Contributions, select “Contributors” and choose “Records.” You can also click the second “C” icon on the toolbar.
- You can add an envelope by clicking Add on the Contributor Records Grid.
- Choose which envelope number you want to give this person. If you don’t have a preference, you can use the “Next Available” or “Next Highest” buttons to assign the person a number.
- Then choose the person in the “Contributor” drop-down list. If you don’t see the person in this list, then they already have a number or they do not have a Person record in membership.
- Choose if this contributor wants their statements by paper or email. This topic is covered further on the “Emailing Statements” page.
- You can also choose a custom name to put on their statements. This option should only be used in unique and rare circumstances.
- After filling in the numbers and names, click OK to save the record. The Add Again button can be used if multiple Envelope Numbers need to be entered.