This utility allows you to export unposted Batches to a drive and then import them back to the computer. This allows you to enter Batches off-site (while at home, for example) and take them back to the church for posting.
The key word for this utility is “unposted” Batches. This means the Batch will still be temporary and sitting in the Attendance Batches window. After the Batch has been posted, there is no way to continue with this process.
- Importing and Exporting Batches is dependent on the two database copies being current with each other. For this reason, the first step in this process is backing up the church’s database to your take-home drive (usually a USB drive).
- Take the drive to the off-site location.
- Connect the drive to the PC and then start Shepherd’s Staff.
- From the main page, go to Utilities, and choose Restore.
- Choose the drive the backup is on and click OK.
- Once the Restore is done, you can go to attendance and create your Batch.
- Once you are done, close the Batch but do not post it.
- Go to “Batches” in the menu bar and choose “Import and Export Batches.”
- When the window opens, choose “Export” and select the correct Batch from the grid.
- Choose the drive you want to export to and click Export.
- Now you can take the drive back to church for the Import process.
- Once you get to church, connect your drive to the computer.
- Start Shepherd’s Staff and open the Contributions module.
- Choose “Batches” from the menu bar and click on Import and Export Batches.
- When the window opens, choose Import and the drive you have the Batch on.
- Select the Batch you want to import.
- Click Import to import the Batch.
- Now go to “Batches” in the menu bar and choose “Attendance Batches.”
- You will see the Batch you just imported in this window.
- At this point, you can treat the Batch just as you would a normal unposted Batch.
Important: Do not do a backup from home and a restore at church. This process does not require that, and it could wipe out newly-entered data from the church database.