Once you have added Events, you are ready to start tracking attendance.
Shepherd’s Staff uses Attendance records to track both member and non-member attendance. These Attendance records are the heart of the Attendance module and are the basis of most of the reports and grids you will use.
An Attendance record is defined as a single record for a single individual who attended a single Event. So each person that comes to an Event on a single day would receive an Attendance record. Similarly, when the person comes to an Event next week, he or she will get another Attendance record.
A single Attendance record can be added, edited, and deleted from the Attendance Records Grid.
Add (or Edit) an Attendance record
- Open the Attendance Record grid by clicking on Records in the menu bar, then Attendance Records. You can also click on the first A icon from the toolbar.
- To add an attendance record, click Add (or Edit to edit).
- Choose the person.
- Pick the Event the person attended.
- Choose the date of the Event.
- (Optional) Check the visitor box if this person was a visitor at the time of attending.
- Choose the Attendance Types applicable to this person during the Event.
- Once you are finished, click OK to save the Attendance record.
Delete an Attendance record
- Select the Attendance record you want to delete.
- Click the delete button.