The Congregation Statistics Report (WELS) is exclusively used by churches of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and only available in the Lutheran Edition of Shepherd’s Staff.
This report is designed specifically to assist users in submitting their statistics report to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
This report contains the following tabs:
» 1–5—General church information.
» 6–13—Membership and attendance information.
» 14–24—School information including high school associations.
» 25–30—Sunday School, VBS, and Bible class information.
» 31–34—For entering the Church financial information.
» Issues—This tab features a tool to check various data entry issues that can throw off the calculations for this report.
» Terms—This tab shows the Received By and Removed By terms used by this annual report. Normally, these terms are added to your choices for those Person Record fields when your Shepherd’s Staff edition is set to Lutheran. A button to Add These Terms If Missing is provided here in case these options were deleted from the drop-down list for those fields.
» Send—Provides the options to email the report to the WELS Statistical Office, and to export the report to a spreadsheet or XML data file.
Notes on this report:
» The report prints out annual statistical data for a single calendar year (January through December). It cannot be printed for a non-calendar year or any time period other than 12 months. The WELS statistical office usually requires the report for the previous year from the church by January 31 of the following year.
» When you opt to Print or Send the report (via email or to a file), it is automatically re-calculated for you. The separate Calculate button is provided so that you can see the report figures on each tab (as you fill it out) without having to first print or email/export the report.
- Select Reports from the Membership menu.
- Select the Congregation Statistics Report (WELS) report from the list of reports.
- On each of the numbered tabs, fill in the requested information. Some of these fields will be filled already from your entered Shepherd’s Staff data.
- Any item with a red check box next to it will allow you to select which specific data to select for that item. For example, the red check box for Weekly Church Attendance Event(s) on the 6–13 tab will allow you to select which Attendance Events should count for that category.
- After making or changing any of these check box selections, click the Calculate button at the lower right to calculate new totals based on those selections.
- Click the Find Problems button to have the tool run and preview its report. Examples of the possible issues it will find are listed on this tab. After clicking the button to run it, an Issues report will display.
- After running the Issues report, use the Save button at the bottom of the WELS Report Settings window to save your report settings, then exit the report and address the inconsistencies on the Issues report by correcting or updating your membership data.
- After reviewing and selecting each of the settings, click the Save button at the lower center of the screen to save the report settings. Click the Preview button to preview or print the WELS report.