The Congregation Annual Report (LCMS) is exclusively used by Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod churches and is only available in the Lutheran Edition of Shepherd’s Staff. This report is designed specifically to assist users in filling out the yearly Congregational Statistics Report requested by the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod’s Office of Rosters and Statistics.
These reports are usually expected to be returned about the end of February. Contact the LCMS Office of Rosters and Statistics if you have any questions about completing the Congregational Statistics Report.
The LCMS report contains the following tabs:
» Church—Contains general church information. Note that the church contact information fields are filled with information entered on the System Settings window (accessed from the main menu, Utilities button, Settings, Church tab).
» Attend./Enrollment—Allows you to choose specific events and training classes to report on.
» Financial—Allows you to pick which accounts to report on.
» Find Anomalies—This tab features a tool to check various data entry issues that can throw off the calculations for this report.
» Terms—This tab shows the Received By and Removed By terms used by this annual report. Normally, these terms are added to your choices for those Person Record fields when your Shepherd’s Staff edition is set to Lutheran. A button to Add These Terms If Missing is provided here in case these options were deleted from the drop-down list for those fields.
Notes on this report:
» The report prints out annual statistical data for a single calendar year (January through December). It cannot be printed for a non-calendar year or any time period other than 12 months.
» This report is looking for the specific terms for Received By and Removed By fields as listed on the Terms Settings tab. Users are encouraged to check that their member information in their database is using these terms before running this report.
- Select Reports from the Membership menu.
- Select the Congregation Annual Report (LCMS) report from the list of reports.
- On the Church Tab, set the correct Reporting Year and Age cut-off for children at the lower center of the window.
- Under the Attend./Enrollment tab, click the red check box to select the appropriate Attendance Events for each event category. Pick the correct training class for each of the class sections.
- For the Financial tab, click the red check boxes to select the appropriate Finance Accounts, which correspond to each category of Receipts or Disbursements.
- To find anomalies, Click the Find Anomalies button to have the tool run and preview its report. Examples of the possible anomalies it will find are listed on this tab. After clicking the button to run it, an Anomalies report will display.
- After running the Anomalies report, use the Save button at the bottom of the LCMS Report Settings window to save your report settings, then exit the report and address the inconsistencies on the Anomalies report by correcting or updating your membership data.
- After reviewing and selecting each of the settings, click the Save button to save the report settings.
- Click the Preview button to preview or print the Congregation Annual Report (LCMS).