Report Writer lets you create additional reports that are not found in Membership, Attendance, and Contributions.
You can print up to 10 pieces of information (fields) about people in your database. This information can be printed for all people, for an Activity, Skill, or Training Class list, for a subgroup, or even for just one person.
You choose the sort order, the column headings, the report title(s), the fonts, and the layout.
- Access the Report Writer by going into the Membership, Attendance, or Contributions module and clicking on Reports. When the Reports window opens, click the Report Writer button on the right.
- The report creation process is designed to work from left to right, selecting each tab in order. That means we will start on the Saved Reports tab.
- If you are creating a new report, start by clicking the New Report button. This will add a new line to the grid titled “New Report.”
- Highlight “New Report” and type in what you want to name this report. Now, type in a description of this report.
- If you are using or updating a saved report, simply highlight that report.
- Now click the “Who” tab. This tab allows us to pick which group of people we want to show on the report.
- Click which of the options you want to use and then choose the relevant list, subgroup, or person in the drop-down list.
- So if you want to use just the people involved in a specific activity, click on Activities and then choose the activity from the drop-down list.
- Then, if you only want the people presently involved in this activity, select “Present” below the drop-down box.
- There are also filters available for you to use.
- Members only—Only people marked as “Member” on the Person record will show up.
- No removed people—Anyone with data in their Removed By field will not show on this report if you have this checked.
- Exclude deceased persons—Anyone with “Death” in their Removed By field will not show on this report if this is checked. All other “Removed by” statuses will show on the report.
- One Contributor for Joint Envelopes—If you are creating a report for contributions, checking this box will only show information once for a given envelope instead of showing the same duplicate information for both contributors.
- Show fields for—To help you search, you can select just a specific module to show fields for. So if you are looking for a Membership field, check only the Membership box under “Show fields for”, and only the Membership fields will show in the drop-down box.