The Church Register allows the church to record significant events and keep them permanently. Churches usually have a “Big Book” that these events are recorded in and this is a way to record the events electronically in a database.
These records need to be manually keyed in and this actually allows you to keep records for people that do not have records in Membership. Weddings and Baptisms, for example, often involve people that may not be in the church’s database. With the Church Register, participants in such events can be recorded within the Event record without having to add them to Membership.
The Church Register records:
» Ministers / Clergy
» Historical Events
Also, there are three User-Defined fields that can be renamed to anything the church wants to record. They default to Confirmed, First Communion, and User-Defined 3.
Note: The Church Register is a stand alone grid so none of the information entered will be automatically changed in the Person record and vice-versa. Moreover, the Register records are not affected by year end or the removal of a person.
- To access the Church Register, click the icon.
- To add a record (such as a wedding record) click on the Wedding tab, then click Add.
- If one or both of the Wedding participants has a Membership record, select their records from the drop list. Shepherd’s Staff will automatically fill in information that has been entered on a person.
- If one or both of the participants are not in Membership, simply type their information in the necessary fields.
- If Register records are added to a person within the database, a link to the Register information can be found on their Person record under the Church tab next to the Register field.